IT Support Technician
We are seeking a Computer IT Support Technician to join our team! You will resolve computer-related issues for your clients.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- Recommend hardware and software improvements
- Track customer issues and resolutions
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
Services We Provide:
- Business IT support & Managed Services
- Server, Desktop, Hardware & Network support
- Data protection & Backups / Disaster Recovery
- Network Infrastructure, Wiring & Wireless setups
- Firewall & router config / network isolation & VLANs / VPN
- Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing
- E-Mail & SPAM Protection
- Multi-factor authentication
- Network Security and Network Intrusion Detection
- Network Monitoring
- Cloud & Virtualization
- Software Development / Web & Database work
- Cyber Security Compliance
- DFARS / NIST 800-171 and other cyber compliance
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response
Cyburity is a rapidly growing cyber security and computer technology company and we would love to have the right person help us reach new heights. You will get the chance to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies allowing you to fill your resume with useful skills. Our company boasts more agility than a big corporation, allowing us to tackle new and innovative projects. You will appreciate our team chemistry and being a larger part of decision making, as our work team feels like an extended family. If you work at a big company, chances are that all of your hard work is going to be ignored by the boss or someone else is going to snag the credit. But at a startup, it’s nearly impossible not to notice a job well done or to give credit where credit is due.
- You’ll have more responsibility
- You’ll be given more opportunities
- You’ll be able to do a lot of different things
- You will learn from true innovators
- Your work will be recognized
- You’ll work in an awesome atmosphere
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
Salary: $10.00 to $15.00 /hour
Here is my recent job history:
Simple Helix February 2015 to July 2017
• Troubling shooting e-commerce websites running Magento as a CMS at the server level.
• Prepare detailed desktop instructions for company WIKI and update processes and procedures.
• Migrate entire websites from cPanel server to cPanel server including the MySQL database and all done primarily utilizing command line.
• Work with customer ticketing system (WHMCS) to resolve all types of customer issues with customer owned websites.
• Work done on command line with CentOS server’s running the Magento CMS and helping clients with cPanel (GUI for managing websites) and WHM.
Nisga’a Data Systems November 2013 to May 2014
Systems Engineer, Intermediate
• Database administration related to global military procurements using Linux based server-side software.
• Wrote numerous automation scripts and batch files using the vi(m) Editor in Linux.
Support.com February 2012 to November 2013
• Received extensive training for troubleshooting all PC Microsoft Operating Systems including XP, Vista, 2000, 7, and 10.
• Day to day duties included remote support for malware removal, virus detection and removal, system troubleshooting and repair, and operating system loading.
• Use of proprietary toolsets, supported updates, and creation of specific enhancements to learn processes.
• Highest rating with commercial workgroup (supporting Staples, Office Depot, Office Max) for first time problem resolution.
My A+ and Security+ certifications have expired, but have no issues updating either.
Hi, I’m inquiring about the I.T. support technician position. I have an A.S. degree with a concentration in computer science and am currently enrolled in the cyber operations program at DSU. I just passed the core 1 portion of the A+ and will be taking the core 2 portion in about two weeks. I also have over ten years of customer service experience.